Notes From Hannah: Behind The Butcher's Block

Hey guys, a grateful Hannah here, stepping out from behind the butcher's block after a truly special weekend. I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who joined us for the workshop. Your presence made it truly memorable.

This weekend was notable for a couple of reasons. First, we had a deeply moving moment when my little sis, the touch as nails FarmHer Raye, decided it was time to say goodbye to one of her most special goats. After seeing the process with the pig, she knew it was the right time for her goat, who began showing signs that his injury as a young goat was now causing him pain in his older age. She knew his time had come. And so, right then, as we finished with the hog, we offered an impromptu goat slaughtering  lesson for those interested. It was an honor to assist Raye and give her very loved goat a meaningful place in our workshop. Witnessing Raye’s strength and love during this moment was incredibly touching and more so an honor. It's moments like this that we're the driving force in me becoming a butcher. Connecting people with their food, and being part of such profound, personal decisions, reminds me of the deeper purpose behind what we do. It’s about more than just teaching skills; it’s about sharing in the journey, honoring lives, and fostering a greater appreciation for the food that sustains us.

Second, having Andy by my side was a highlight. His support and presence, both in the workshop and beyond, made the weekend even more special. He’s not just my business partner but my rock, my friend, and someone I can’t imagine my life without.

As we look forward, Andy and I are thrilled about opening Twin Pines, our own butcher shop specializing in wild game. Balancing this with our full-time roles as USDA slaughtermen is challenging, but experiences like this weekend remind us why we’re so committed to our work and what lies ahead.

Thank you again to everyone who made the workshop a success. Your enthusiasm and support mean the world to us.

Until next time!

Hannah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ole Ma's Rambling...

Ole Ma's Ramblings

Warmer days ahead...