I’m starting and stopping so many times as I write- the words that don't want to come. It’s so impossibly hard to put my thoughts into words that I’ve even moved outside to look at the pasture, I've ventured to the barn and even back into the house. Now though I'm sitting under the gazebo where we recently had our Porkpalooza, the smoky aroma still emanating from the fire pit, a reminder of laughter and joy shared with friends and family and I feel as though I'm finally prepared to to get these thoughts to you all. The wind tosses the leaves around me, mirroring the torrent of memories swirling in my head, tangling up my thoughts as I grapple with the weight. Our Porkpaloozas are always such a special time, but none more so than our most recent. Porkpaloozas are always a great time. We spent our evening eating massive amounts of good food surrounded by friends and family, their laughter blending with the scent of smoky porky goodness. The animals were in th...
Comments
Post a Comment